Wednesday, January 12, 2011

001 01-02-11 - 01-09-11 City Breathing

City Breathing : Look How It's Snowing Upwards, Look How They Move Towards Heaven
City Breathing
Look How It's Snowing Upwards, Look How They Move Towards Heaven
Roses and Hello Recordings

City Breathing are a Brooklyn-based three piece band that merges post-rock, ambient, and indie pop to create a dreamy state and mood. The lyrics are simple at times, but convey the right feeling over top of ambient bliss and post-rock wonder.

Look How It's Snowing Upwards, Look How They Move Towards Heaven is City Breathings' first album on Roses and Hello Recordings. Do you remember when you were young and you hear an album that just plain mystified you? Every time I play Look How. . . I have that same reaction. It's like I'm transported back to a time when I thought music had promise and reason, a warm fuzzy of emotional toil wrapped up in curiosity and grace.

As I stated earlier, the lyric are simple but have a curiosity about them:

"We all become abbreviations, shouldn't you disappear too." and "We are never our best laid plans" are just a few that spark that balance of puzzle and completion.

I find a piece when I listen to this album, a fulfillment that there is a brighter future for music. here's to hoping these guys stick around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment